Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shop Til' U Drop

I spent most of this week shopping & ended up satisfied though it burnt a hole in my pocket (there goes RM1.5k from my savings!) It started off with buying Pooh pillows & comforter for Iris from the usual Menara Lobby sales. Then on Monday nite Sister & I went to buy the electric oven to bake lasagne, followed by buying cheap airline tickets from Air Asia promo for Hubby & Iris. I plan to go back to KB for Akikah sometimes after my confinement. The thought of having to buy for 4 ppl made me allocated higher budget but thanks to Air Asia, the return ticket just cost me RM70 per person! Unfortunately I still can't buy ticket for myself since I have to purchase it together with the new baby.
On Friday, my close friends decided to attack the Isetan Sales @ Gardens. And I ended up buying the most stuffs hehe. Here's what I bought that day:
1. Lollipop cot bedding set @ 60% discount (wowee, it cost only RM90+ instead of RM240)
2. 3 pairs of Osh Kosh shoes (1 pair for Iris & 2 pairs for baby @ 50% discount)
3. 2 pairs of Poney clothes for baby @ 30 - 50% discount
4. Pumpkin Patch jeans & dress for Iris @ 50% discount
5. 4 pairs of Pumpkin Patch jumpers for baby also @ 50% discount
What a nice feeling! It's indeed very true when people say shopping is a retail therapy for ladies.
Yesterday I continued to shop by finally purchasing Iris' bed & mattress from a neighborhood furniture shop. Between the 2 furniture shops, I picked the best bargain: RM650 for bed, pullout, mattress & 2 pillows. Can't wait for the delivery which is supposed to be this afternoon.
And then off we went to Alamanda to get some baby stuffs. Hubby plans to go back to Kuantan next week so I was thinking it's better if I get prepared in case baby decides to make an early appearance. Here's the things that I bought from Alamanda:
1. Minnie Mouse school bag for Iris @ 50% discount (her current diaper bag will be handed down to baby)
2. A pair of Old Navy jeans for baby @ only RM19.90!
3. MAM small feeding bottle for baby's little hands
4. Newborn Drypers & Baby Wipes
There you go. I almost completed the whole baby checklist except for some items which I need to purchase from Rita's shop. And I plan to do it after we come back from Kuantan. Afterall it's not so urgent & it can wait.
On top of it all, Father called me up on Friday nite and told me that they have finally talked to the confinement lady & she has agreed to come & look after me & baby for 2-3 weeks. And now what i have to do is to ask on the price. Seems like most of my plans are nicely laid out. Am really looking forward to the new baby. Welcome to the world sayang!

No comments:

Post a Comment