Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cheesy Home-Baked Lasagne

I've been craving for lasagne since last few weeks. So much so, that I went to bought all the ingredients last two weeks after Sister found out that her multi-cooker can actually work wonders. But unfortunately, the following weekend, Sister had to attend some Commonwealth Liaison Officer course in Genting Highlands.
Last weekend was Brother's birthday, so I was hoping Sister would bake lasagne as part of the celebration. However, Sister went out with her friends since early morning, so I decided to go out & buy some pizzas instead.
Upon returning home, I actually found out that Sister did prepare the lasagne but couldn't bake them as her multi-cooker went "kapoot". That nite we ended up eating Domino's pizza & I found out NY crust was the best among all.
Last nite, I was more determined than ever to ensure that the lasagne goes into an oven & becomes edible. After coming back from work, Sister, Iris & I went looking for an affordable oven to buy. We started off at Cosway coz initially we wanted to buy the UFO oven using some coupons but unfortunately Cosway is coming up with a new redemption catalogue so the existing catalogue is no longer valid.
We then went looking in electrical shops, but there were not many options + the prices are way higher than my budget. Finally we went to Jusco, and there it was: Cornell Electric Oven with its price, size & functionality very much suited to my expectation.
Without much deliberation, I bought the oven & went straight home. That nite, I was finally able to satisfy my cravings for cheesy home baked lasagne. It never tasted so good before. In fact we still have some leftovers from last nite and I can't wait to get home today to finish it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment