Thursday, February 5, 2009

4th Day: Another Incompetency Story



Let me share with you another incompetency story of the medical staffs here. Iris was asked to go for another chest xray this morning since her cough still seemed pretty bad. The cough would definitely take some times to heal but Dr Azam wanted to make sure that the infection is cured.
So off we went to the Imaging Department, ushered by one of the nicest matrons I've ever met, Iris consciously riding on a wheelchair (this was her 1st time on wheelchair). Hubby couldn't stay around for the xray since he has got an appointment with a customer so I was expecting there would be someone, a medical staff who would assist with the xray procedure coz I won't be able to hold Iris down due to my pregnancy.
The matron left as soon as she handed over the documents to the counter, telling me that she would come to pick us up later. Several mins later, Iris was called in by a male staff. He asked me if anyone could help to hold Iris down so I said no. He asked if there was any staff with me so I told him that she has just gone up. So the guy told me that Iris had to lie down on her own since it would take some times should he call someone to come down from Ward C5.
I found the idea pretty ridiculous but I've got no other options, though I'm sure the guy did, didn't he? But he simply proceed with the xray after putting Iris down on the table though Iris was wailing like a huge siren. I had to hide in the changing room during the xray, praying hard that Iris would lie still since the table was pretty high.
You see, anything could have happened within the few seconds but luckily my baby behaved though she cried like mad.
Afterwards, the guy still had guts to cynically ask me to send his regards to the nurses upstairs as if indicating they should have allocated a staff to help him. Well, that is between them, and as a customer, he shouldn't involve me.
Then we waited for the matron to come pick us up but she was nowhere to be seen so I decided that we went back on our own. On my way back I couldn't help wondering how could such a prestigious & highly paid hospital staffs could behave such.

No comments:

Post a Comment