Friday, February 13, 2009

The Aftermath

Been quite awhile since I last blogged. To be accurate, I haven't been blogging since we left hospital last Saturday. There were so many things to do around the house & at office as well. Alhamdulillah, Iris was finally discharged after being warded for almost 6 days. The paed seemed reluctant to let her go but I could see that she was already restless & couldn't wait to get back home. Many things been happening, which I'd like to update though not in so chronological order.
1. Happy with Iris improvement. She seemed more active than before. It has always been like that every time she recovered from any illness, especially one as bad as this. Apart from that, being admitted broke her from some of her usual patterns, for instance sleeping after midnite (she now slept between 10.30pm to 11.30pm with exception for tonite), watching too much Disney (she now allows us to watch other channels, sometimes!), would only eat in front of TV (she now joins us at dining table though she wants to sit on my lap), etc. In other words, she has turned out to be an obedient little girl heheh..
2. Found out that there is actually a cure for my slightly twisted spine. Few days back Hubby has been telling me that he thinks it's the spine that's causing so much pain in the back, hip & pelvic area during my current pregnancy. But I thought that since I was born with it, there's nothing much I can do. Then it so happened that Dilah was telling me her sister had the same symptoms during pregnancy because she also had a slightly twisted spine. And she went to see an orthopaedic who recommended her to do physiotherapy to make things better because if you don't fix it when you're young, there's bound to be more problems later when you grow old. That is so scary man! I need to look for an orthopaedic ASAP.
3. No renovation took place in the office though it should have been completed by now. Buat penat jer pegi packed up my things during Iris' 1st day in the ward. To make things worse, I've sealed up all the boxes & there is no way I would open them until the renovation is over. Be it next week, next month or even longer than that. If anyone wants anything from my boxes, they will have to wait.
4. Traffic jam has become more & more unbearable from the last time I can remember. There was this morning few days back, I left at 7am but only reached office at 8.40am. To top it all, parking was already closed! I was so frustrated, I came to office very late for the next two days. Save me some heartache caused by traffic jam, in fact i also managed to get free parking!
5. I met a long lost friend on Facebook last nite. She used to be one of my closest friends way back in primary school, afterwhich we lost contact until last nite. Well, that has been about 18 years! At first glance, she looks really happy & sweeter than ever, got married to a mat salleh & settled down in Australia. Farrah, how I've missed u.
6. I had lunch with an ex-mrsm-mate this afternoon. He & wifey came to pick me up from office & we had lunch at Mid-V. We talked about lots of things, I discovered many wonderful but some shocking stories about my other schoolmates. Thanks Syahid & wifey for the fabulous lunch!
6. Brother finally decided to come home after he went missing for almost 3 weeks. I have mixed feelings about that. He said he'd like to pursue the Oracle class which I have helped him enroll earlier. I hope he doesn't screw up again this time.
I think enough updates for now. Iris is asking me to read her a story book on A Greedy Fox. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment