Thursday, February 5, 2009

4th Day: Iris Got Better









Today we had slightly different things to do as compared to the previous 3 days routine. Mainly because Iris has gotten so much better & playful though not 100%.
First we went for xray checkup. As we wheeled by the playroom, Iris requested to be brought here coz she wanted to play. After coming back from the xray, I bathed her then off we went to the playroom. Iris was happily running around & pushing chairs though there were not many toys around. She had this imaginative play with me whereby she pretended that we were at home and she would cook for me, wash my hands, etc. I just played along with her.
After she got tired of playing, she asked to return back to the room whereby she agreed to eat some porridge though not a lot but at least something went into her now flat tummy. She also had some milk & afterwards she fell asleep until about 3 hours later.
Nurse came in to put her on neb again but this time she didn't cry like always. But when the physiotherapist came to perform the physio, she cried like crazy until the procedure completed. Luckily the physiotherapists were such nice young ladies who have much tolerance.
After that, we ate lunch, she agreed to have some bread with mushroom soup, and some rice with chicken. She was really in her playful mood, she created some game for herself whereby she took her socks off, fold them in a piece of paper, then later wore the socks on her hands. Iris can sometimes get really funny.
Then she wanted to draw, so I handed her my notebook. She drew a lot of imaginative drawing & later asked me to draw clowns, traffic lites, herself & her Papa. Later she asked to read her book. While we were reading, Dr Azam came in & told me that the xray result showed that the pneumonia was worsening, but I need not worry because clinically her condition is improving. I can't really comprehend the situation, but he got the message across.
Before he left, he advised me to seek treatment for my cough & cold coz if I don't it could become a ping pong game between me & Sumayyah.
I am definitely going to see a doctor by tomorrow coz all of us can't wait to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment